Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Roasters or what?

10 October, Friday: After our regular Friday squabbling, we ended up going to Roasters in Sindhi Muslim, I still don’t know whose idea that was. There were eleven of us this time round. The staff was really nice at the beginning, they prepared our table, gave us menus and took our orders… but then again that’s what they were being paid for.

I ordered a Wild Mushroom Steak with a side of mashed potatoes and vegetables. Food came half an hour later, lo and behold, they had forgotten my order. So while my friends ate and passed consoling glances my way, I waited trying not to let my impatience show.

Twenty minutes later, a very embarrassed looking waiter brought me my steak with a side of baked potato. Late and with the wrong side order! Even more embarrassed the waiter immediately ran off and got me some extra mashed potatoes which my friend Yasir enjoyed.
However, this is a forum on food and even through all the inconvenience, the steak was superb. Its very easy to ruin a steak by under or over cooking it, which other restaurants very usually do, the texture of the meat was perfectly ‘well done’. The texture of the wild mushroom sauce was a bit thin but the flavour was superb. The side of vegetables could have done with a bit more seasoning just to give it a tick more flavour. I had a bit of the mashed potatoes, and they could have been mashed a little bit better, I encountered some small chunks which might have been missed by the steak un-enthusiast.

Over all the food was just right with a nice balance of flavor and aroma. And I heard no one complain about their food, and everyone seemed to polish off their entire plates. A significant accomplishment for Roasters. In case you are wondering what happened to my baked potato,
Shahryar can better comment on that.

Regards,

Z

2 comments:

  1. Well I still am waiting for the invitation you owe US

    SH

    ReplyDelete
  2. munarsh is a one stop i.t. shop for all your information technology requirements contact us 0312-2011173, for further info email marketing@munarsh.com

    web site:
    www.munarsh.com
    fanpage:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Munarsh-IT-Service/140044502748067

    ReplyDelete