Thursday, October 8, 2009

Welcome to Food and Whine

My friends call me a bit of a whiner when it comes to food, but the truth is, the way I was brought up, food has some very high standards to look up to. Let me explain, in my family, food is a sacred art. The men and women have perfected it over time and believe me the term "haath mein maza" (taste in the hands) makes a lot of sense for them. My mum has, by large, shunned modern technology to assist her in cooking. She still mixes her own spices and uses the ancient "sil batta" to grind them which gives the food a flavour that can only be described as sublime. This is the honest truth and will be appreciated to all those related to me, I have never seen her ruin or even slightly mess it up, and I have always maintained that I am yet to taste a Chicken Karahi that is even remotely in the same league as mum's, it IS the best in town. If someone disagrees, I am open to being proved wrong.

Now that you have a perspective on the standards for food, let me explain what this blog is about. My friend, Misbah, suggested that I become a food critic because I have a lot of valuable input when it comes to food(I can imagine all of you rolling your eyes to that). But that is exactly what I'm going to do, give an honest opinion on food right here in Karachi.

My friends and I have a tradition here at Ogilvy, every Friday we go out and have a good lunch, sometimes we even order in, I'll even put up my comments on that. Do share your input and experiences on the food you've had at the places reviewed and remember, the best foods are found in the oddest of places.

Bon Appétit

Zubair

3 comments:

  1. All hail ogilvy's very own weedy lil food critic. Zoobs the princess warrior...coming to a restaurant near u. So if u're the manager...i suggest u run for it.

    ( Anonymous )

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe... or maybe a free meal might skew results in someone's favour ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. munarsh is a one stop i.t. shop for all your information technology requirements contact us 0312-2011173, for further info email marketing@munarsh.com

    web site:
    www.munarsh.com
    fanpage:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Munarsh-IT-Service/140044502748067

    ReplyDelete